Clifton Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Summer Program 2021 Registration Information
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, the Clifton Recreation Department has had to revise and limit the summer programs offered for 2021. Summer Program registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be conducted online ONLY (no registration at City Hall). You can also complete your registration from home, print out the registration form and make payment through the mail (Clifton Recreation Department -900 Clifton Ave. Clifton, NJ 07013) by check (made payable to Clifton Recreation) or money order. Include your driver’s license number on all checks. The City will charge a $35.00 service fee for all checks not honored for any reason by the bank. You will not be registered until payment is received. Early registration is strongly recommended due to limited availability for the 2021 program. Pre-registration for the 6-week (two 3-week sessions) Summer Program entitled Summer Fun in the Sun for 2021, classes, and specialty camps is open to Clifton residents only, from the release of this information. Please be sure to select the site that best works for your family when registering because there will be no switching of sites once the program begins due to COVID-19 Guidelines. Locations may be combined due to lack of enrollment at a particular park before the program starts or specialty camps/classes cancelled due to insufficient registrations. Participants will be notified by the Recreation Department and given an opportunity to change to another park site or receive a refund. If the program is closed due to a health emergency, participants will receive a partial refund for the days the program is required to be closed. Individuals registering late will be required to pay the entire summer program/class fee (no pro-rating) and there are no refunds for missed classes or days or rain days.
Children must meet age or grade requirements listed by the first day of the program unless the description indicates otherwise. The Clifton Recreation Department does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, or disability to participate in our programs. If you are creating an account on our website for the first time, please complete the information for the parent first and then add any children. After the account is created, it must be approved by the Recreation Department before you can register. Once the account is approved, you will receive an email from us and you may then register for any programs that you are interested in.
If your child did not participate in the Summer Programs in 2012 - 2020, you must submit a copy of your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. You may submit them by mail: 900 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, NJ 07013; by email: email@example.com; or by fax: 973-815-0599. Registrations without these two items will not be considered complete and your child will not be able to attend the summer program. All participants must send in proof of residency with registration via the above methods or your registration will not be considered complete.
Request for Summer Aide: If you feel your child is in need of an aide to assist/shadow them at the summer programs, you must make a request through the Recreation Department. At the time of the request, you must submit a copy of your child's I.E.P. Report. Assignments will be made based on a review of your child’s documents and the results of an interview. This will help determine the best strategy to assist your child in having a memorable and safe summer. We will contact you to set-up an interview.
Health & Safety Practices Pertaining to COVID-19 at the Summer Programs:
- The program begins at 9:00 a.m., however you can begin arriving at 8:45 a.m. This will allow time for the required daily temperature check and health assessment that must be conducted before your child is allowed to participate in the program.
- Each day your child will be asked a series of 4 health assessment questions and temperature will be taken. Any child that fails the pre-admission screening will not be able to participate in the program. Please be patient when dropping off your child as this may take some time and can only be done one at a time. If your child walks or rides a bike to the program and does not pass the pre-assessment requirements, parents will be contacted to come and pick their child up immediately.
- Parents must wear a face-covering and social distance as they wait for their child to be tested and approved for admission.
- The program ends at 12:30 p.m. (there is no aftercare provided). Please make sure you are there by dismissal time. A late fee of $10.00, per 15 minutes, will be charged for persistent lateness in picking up children at the end of the day.
- You must sign out your child at the end of each day, prior to leaving, to ensure your child's safety. If your child has been approved to walk or bike to and from the program, they must let the counselors know they are leaving before each day so the counselor can sign them out.
- Please notify the counselor if your child will be going home with someone other than yourself.
- Parents must wear a face covering and social distance when signing out their child from the program.
- Please keep your child home if they have any viral symptoms or your child has been exposed to the virus - self-isolate.
- In the event that the summer program is closed due to a health emergency, participants will receive a partial refund for the days the program is required to be closed.
- No handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, or hugging is permitted.
- There is no sharing of equipment unless activity requires. Program equipment and supplies will be cleaned daily.
- All activities will be socially distanced as best as possible. Some activities will be revised or modified to meet these criteria. This includes both active and passive activities.
- Face-coverings will be required by participants and staff until health restrictions are revised.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizing will take place frequently throughout the day. Feel free to send your child to the program with hand sanitizer and/or wipes as an extra precaution. Hand sanitizer should contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Only 1 participant will be allowed in the restrooms at a time. Please note some sites will only have port-a-johns for use.
- Respiratory etiquette for coughing, sneezing, and nose-blowing will be encouraged at all times. Practice and encourage these health practices at home so that your child becomes accustomed to these practices.
- No outside visitors will be allowed at the program other than Clifton Recreation Department City Hall and Health Department Staff. Participants will not mix with other groups during the day.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash hands, for at least 20 seconds, when you return home.
- The Recreation Department will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects throughout the day.