|To ensure the health and well-being of the pubic and to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Recreation Department has closed all public recreational facilities and suspended all programs and events through June 30, 2020. Extending closures and cancellations will be re-evaluated at a later time.
- Current winter classes and workshops in session have been suspended and participants will receive “credit” for missed classes. Credit will be kept on file for two years and you will receive a receipt in the mail.
- Upcoming Spring classes, clinics and workshops have been cancelled.
Teen Open Basketball
- Ongoing drop-in programs are suspended until further notice:
Adult Open Volleyball
Walk and Talk Thursdays
March 13 Coin Show
- The following upcoming special events have been cancelled:
March 20 Family Bowling
March 22 Sundae Bingo
April 4 Bunny Bash
April 5 Comic Book Show
April 11 Flea Market – Main Memorial
April 18 Clifton Skate Day at Floyd Hall Arena
April 19 Coin Show
April 28 Jigsaw Puzzle Contest
May 1 Daddy Daughter Date Night
May 6 Volunteer Recognition Dinner
May 9 Flea Market – Main Memorial
May 10 Comic Book Show
May 11 Youth Week Poster and Creative Writing Contest
May 13 Youth Week Foul Shooting Contest
May 14 Youth Week Dribble, Pass and Score Contest
May 16 Youth Week Fishing Contest, Bowling Contest & Miniature Golf Contest
May 17 Coin Show
May 19 Youth Week Officials Day
May 30 Clifton Stamp Club Show
June 13 Flea Market – Main Memorial
June 14 Comic Book Show
June 21 Coin Show
July 8 Trip to NY Yankees Game
July 11 Flea Market - Main Memorial
All prepaid participants will have the option to receive a two year credit or request a refund.
- All club meetings have been suspended until further notice.
- All park permits or facility rentals have been revoked and no permits will be issued until further notice. All playgrounds have been closed and we recommend using social distancing. Avoid contact with frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Tennis courts have been opened as of June 15. Please read the Facebook post below for more detailed information regarding the rules for the Tennis courts.
During this “STAY AT HOME” time with your family, don’t forget to include recreational activities into your daily routine. Play a board game, make a family scrapbook, write a short story, do a craft project, teach your pet a new trick, play some music and dance or put on an exercise video and work out as a family.
RECREATION HELPS TO REDUCE STRESS!
Remember these safety tips:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol if soap and water is not available.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Keep a 6 foot distance from others in public.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the garbage. If a tissue is not available, cough into your elbow or sleeve, not your hand.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched object and surfaces.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash hands (20 seconds with soap and water) when you return home.
|Who We Are
The Clifton Recreation Department is a branch of the City of Clifton designated to service the recreation, health and fitness needs of the community. Over the years we have increased and improved the park infrastructure, increased the quantity and quality of our programs, won several Awards. We provide areas of play at our 39 parks encompassing over 210 acres. The programs provided by the Department are available for preschool through senior citizens and encompass: educational, cultural, social, leadership, athletic, fitness, citizenship, and volunteer opportunities. Each year our department creates a motto for that represents our recreation goals for the whole year. The 2020 Motto is… "A 20/20 Vision for Clifton". Here is a note from the Recreation Supervisor Debbie Oliver.
The mission of the Clifton Recreation Department is to provide the community with a wide variety of youth, adult and family activities that offer our citizens the opportunity to use personal leisure time in a viable, productive and gratifying manner at various facilities that provide both active and passive atmospheres while maintaining historical and environmental awareness.
Our Brand - Follow Us To Fun
Become a part of the Clifton Recreation Department family by becoming a sponsor.
The Department Staff place both the concerns of the parks system and the programming of unique and quality programs at the forefront of our priorities. Although we have achieved many accomplishments, what we are most proud of is gaining the support & admiration of the citizens of our community. Each month the Board of Recreation holds a meeting to discuss and act on issues affecting the delivery of recreation and parks to the community. The Clifton Recreation also has various part time employment and volunteer opportunities.
Join The Fun - Register Now!
To get started, please Create an Account with all your household information. Only one household per account and accounts must be created by an adult / parent (for minors). Account approvals will only take place Monday - Friday, excluding holidays, during regular business hours. When you’re ready to start registering for activities, be sure to review the How to Register for an Activity page. You may register and pay online with your credit card or print a registration form and mail it or bring it to the office with payment.
For additional information such as refunds, cancellations, waiting lists, photo policy, gift cards, etc. Click Here.
For other information on services such as park permits, equipment rentals, facility rentals. Click Here
Clifton has many wonderful programs to offer that are affiliated with the Clifton Recreation Department. Check out the Affiliates page to learn about these organizations. Also the gallery will have any upcoming events connected with, but not run by the Clifton Recreation Department.