Clifton Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Work together as a family to create a scarecrow at home and have your scarecrow ready to be displayed by October 18th or 19th, 2021. Scarecrows will be on display at the Clifton City Hall Municipal Complex from October 19th to October 26th. Judging will take place on October 24th during the HarvestFest at 3:00 pm. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Winners need not be present. Pre-registration online is required a www.cliftonrec.com. Registration deadline is Friday, October 1, 2021. Contest is FREE to enter and open to CLIFTON RESIDENTS ONLY! Please only register 1 person in your family to participate. Once everyone is registered participants will receive an email closer to the display date with instruction as to their families assigned location for the scarecrow drop off. Participants need to pick-up their scarecrows after the contest is completed by the end of the work day on Tuesday, October 26th. Any remaining scarecrows will be discarded after this date.
- Scarecrow height should be at a minimum of 4 ft. to a maximum of 7 ft.
- Each entry must be able to stand on its own with all ornamentation firmly attached.
- Display pole must fit into a pre-existing 1 ¼ - 1 ½ round ground sleeve (pre-existing pipe is 1 foot deep into the ground). We recommend using a 1 inch PVC pipe for the body.
- When dropping off your completed scarecrow you must park in the City Hall parking lots on the premise. DO NOT park on Linzenbold Ave to drop off your scarecrow by your assigned location.
- Rubber, plastic and store-bought masks are not permitted.
- Sharp and flammable objects are not permitted (i.e. pitch forks, tiki torches etc.)
- Human or mechanical scarecrows are not permitted.
- Scarecrows should be created with a family-oriented theme in mind and should not reflect any social, political, religious or controversial themes.
- This is a family event. Scarecrows should not be gory, violent or extremely scary.
- Scarecrows should be sturdy enough to withstand all weather conditions.
- The event organizers reserve the right to refuse and remove any entry.