The Clifton Skatezone is a uniquely designed skate park at 85 Third Street (opposite Sylvan Avenue and adjacent to Passaic County’s Weasel Brook Park). Parking is available for 23 cars, as well as bus and van parking. All of the park’s facilities, including restrooms, are handicapped accessible and the Clifton Skatezone is a complete Drug Free and Smoke Free facility. The park will be open year round, weather permitting, and is fully staffed and supervised. This 4.3-acre park designed by T & M Associates of Middletown, New Jersey, features three distinct skating areas.
The "Skatium" is a 185-foot by 85-foot roller hockey rink, with a complete set of dasher boards, goals and players’ boxes manufactured by Border Patrol Rink Systems. The "Skatium" will provide an area for Roller Hockey, Recreational Skating, Instructional Skating and Special Events.
Adjacent to the roller hockey rink is an extreme skateboarding, inline skating and BMX biking area, approximately ½ acre in size, called the "Xtreme Scene". This newly renovated area features equipment manufactured by Spohn Ranch, which has provided equipment for ESPN Extreme Sports and other top-quality facilities across the United States. There are ramps and grinds suitable for all skaters and bikers, from the beginner to the expert.
Surrounding the Skatium and the Xtreme Scene is a 1000-foot long perimeter path, called the "Skate Trail", that will provide skaters with a looped area to skate for fun and fitness. The path includes some steep slopes as well as level areas.
Rules and Regulations
To ensure the safety of each guest of the facility important rules and regulations have been established by the Clifton Recreation Department and must be adhered to by all participants. The Clifton Skatezone is a completely smoke-free and drug-free facility.
1. No one is allowed to participate in the activities of the park unless they are wearing ALL the required protective gear.
2. No one is allowed to participate in the activities of the park unless they have a signed waiver on file or have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian in the presence of a Skatezone employee. Participants 18 years of age or older may sign their own waiver, but must show proof of age at time of signing.
3. All participants must skate in such a manner as to avoid collisions with other skaters. Fighting and other aggressive or disruptive behavior will result in ejection from park.
4. No one may participate in an activity unless they have the appropriate wristband for daily admission.
5. No food or drink is permitted inside the Xtreme Scene, the Skatium or on the Skate Trail. Non-skate equipment, gear or other belongings must be stored in locations outside the skate area. The City of Clifton or its employees are not responsible for personal belongings.
6. No one under the age of 8 is permitted in the Xtreme Scene area of the Clifton Skatezone except during the KickFlip Kids sessions.
7. No contests of any sort are allowed in the park unless organized and run by the Clifton Skatezone (this includes races on the Skate Trail).
8. Shirts must be worn while in the Clifton Skatezone. Proper shoes must be worn while skateboarding.
9. The Clifton Skatezone staff reserves the right to eject anyone at any time for inappropriate behavior.
10. Smoking or drug use is not permitted anywhere within the facility. In addition, use of profanity or abusive language, and/or vandalism is strictly prohibited.
11. Rules for specific events or programs will be provided to registered participants.
12. Bikes are permitted into the facility only on scheduled days.
13. Scooters and motorized vehicles are not permitted in the facility at any time.