The Clifton Recreation Department is pleased to announce that the Clifton Skatezone will reopen on Monday, May 3rd .
The Clifton Skatezone is a uniquely designed skate park at 85 Third Street (opposite Sylvan Avenue and adjacent to Passaic County’s Weasel Brook Park). Parking is available for 23 cars, as well as bus and van parking. All of the park’s facilities, including restrooms, are handicapped accessible and the Clifton Skatezone is a complete Drug Free and Smoke Free facility. The park will be open year round, weather permitting, and is fully staffed and supervised. This 4.3-acre park features three distinct skating areas.
The "Skatium" is a 185-foot by 85-foot roller hockey rink, with a complete set of dasher boards, goals and players’ boxes. The "Skatium" will provide an area for Roller Hockey, Recreational Skating, Instructional Skating and Special Events.
Adjacent to the roller hockey rink is an extreme skateboarding, inline skating and BMX biking area, approximately ½ acre in size, called the "Xtreme Scene". This newly renovated area features a wide array of equipment. There are ramps and grinds suitable for all skaters and bikers, from the beginner to the expert.
Surrounding the Skatium and the Xtreme Scene is a 1000-foot long perimeter path, called the "Skate Trail", that will provide skaters with a looped area to skate for fun and fitness. The path includes some steep slopes as well as level areas.
Rules and Regulations
To ensure the safety of each guest of the facility important rules and regulations have been established by the Clifton Recreation Department and must be adhered to by all participants. The Clifton Skatezone is a completely smoke-free and drug-free facility.
1. All participants must wear ALL the required protective gear to skate at the park. Helmet and Knee Pads are required. Elbow Pads and Wrist Guards are recommended.
2. Everyone must have a signed waiver on file, to participate in activities of the park. Accounts may be created online or competed in person, at the park. Participants 18 years of age or older may sign their own waiver, but must show proof of age at time of signing.
3. All participants must skate in such a manner as to avoid collisions with other skaters. Fighting and other aggressive or disruptive behavior will result in ejection from park.
4. Bikes are permitted into the facility only on scheduled days.
5. Scooters and motorized vehicles are not permitted in the facility at any time.
6. No one under the age of 8 is permitted in the Xtreme Scene (Skate Area) of the Clifton Skatezone except during the KickFlip Kids Skate Session or the Can-Can Kids Bike Sessions.
7. Food and/or drink is permitted inside the Xtreme Scene (Skate Area), the Skatium (Rink) or on the Skate Trail. Non-skate equipment, gear or other belongings must be stored in locations outside the skate area. The City of Clifton or its employees are not responsible for personal belongings.
8. No contests of any sort are allowed in the park unless organized and run by the Clifton Skatezone (this includes races on the Skate Trail).
9. Shirts must be worn while in the Clifton Skatezone. Proper shoes must be worn while skateboarding or biking.
10. The Clifton Skatezone staff reserves the right to eject anyone at any time for inappropriate behavior.
11. Smoking, alcohol consumption or drug use is not permitted anywhere within the facility. In addition, use of profanity or abusive language, and/or vandalism is strictly prohibited.
12. Rules for specific events or programs will be provided to registered participants.
* Please keep your child home if they have viral symptoms, or if your child has been exposed to the virus - self isolate.
* No handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps or hugging is permitted.
* There is no sharing of equipment unless activity requires. Program equipment and supplies will be cleaned daily.
* All activities will be socially distanced as best as possible.
* Face coverings will be required when not skating/biking. Staff will be wearing face coverings at all times.
* Social distancing will be encouraged at all times.
* Hand sanitizer will be available on site.
* Respiratory etiquette for coughing, sneezing, nose blowing will be encouraged at all times.
The park will be open year-round weather permitting, as per the season schedule. The park will be closed on the following holidays.Holidays
The Clifton Recreation Department reserves the right to close the facility at any time due to inclement weather, equipment damage or for special events or programs.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve
Open Skate Sessions are open to Skateboarders and Inline Skaters ages 8 and up.
Bike Sessions are open to BMX Bikers ages 8 and up.
KickFlip Kids Sessions are open to Skateboarders and Inline Skaters ages 8 and under.
Can-Can Kids Sessions are open to BMX Bikers ages 8 and under.
Lessons and Camps:
Skateboard Lessons and Camps TBD
Inline Skate Lessons and Camps TBD
BMX Bike Lessons and Camps TBD
Birthday Party TBD
Facility Rental TBD
Additional Forms and Files: