Clifton Recreation Department:
FAMILY WEEK 2020
Clifton Youth Week would have been celebrating its 66th year in 2020. Unfortunately all this year’s events had to be cancelled. Instead, we are conducting Family Week from May 17th – May 23rd so that youth and adults can be involved, while at home. The activities are just for fun and something for you to do as a family to keep busy. We look forward to sharing great times with everyone next year at the various Youth Week events.
Please enjoy these activities below.
Poster/Art: Make a picture, poster or piece of art that is a tribute to the “Everyday Heroes” in your community during this difficult time. It could be the healthcare workers, first responders, your family, your neighbors, your local stores and restaurants. Anyone you consider a hero. Hang them in your window or put them on your front lawn.
Creative Writing: Write a short story, poem or create a quote on “Finding the Silver Lining”. We have been out of school, out of work and unable to visit with family and friends in the ways that we used to, as we stay in our homes. Whatever challenges life brings us; if you look hard enough you can find the silver lining. So write about something good that has come out of these difficult times. If you want to share your writing with us, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have fun with a Basketball Word Search. Print out the document found at the "Flyer and Information Packet" link below.
- Play game: Sock Basketball
- Supplies: Pair of Socks & Laundry Basket
- How to Play: Each person takes a shot from a starting point you decide. If you make a basket take a step back. The person who throws a basket in from the furthest distance is the winner.
See if You Can…Basketball Skills Sheet. See the document found at the "Flyer and Information Packet" link below.attached document.
- Enjoy a Soccer Word Search. Print out the document found at the "Flyer and Information Packet" link below.
- See if You Can… Soccer Skills Sheet. See the document found at the "Flyer and Information Packet" link below.
Fishing: Next Week, look out for a link to our fishing video made by Semi-Pro fisherman Antonio “Go Go” Gomez for Kids and Family, featuring many fishing tips.
Bowling: Play game: Indoor Bowling:
- Supplies: 6-10 empty water bottles. Medium Size Ball (any children’s ball you have will do whether it is foam, rubber, playground, tennis ball, etc.) Piece of duct tape. Water (optional).
- How to Play: Put a piece of tape on the floor to bowl from. Set up bottles in a triangle at the end of a hall or against a wall, aim and bowl (if the bottles topple too easily, you can fill them partially with water). Each player get two tries to knock down all the pins on their turn. Each pin knocked down is worth 1 point. If you knock all the pins down in 1 throw, that’s a strike and ends your turn, but your next two throws count double (as part of the strike score, plus as they would for the next turn). If you bowl a spare, knocking down all the pins using both your bowls, your next one bowl counts double. Whoever has the highest score at the end of the rounds wins (determine how many rounds you want to play before you begin-ten is traditional).
Miniature Golf: Make your own indoor mini golf course with household items. See the document found at the "Flyer and Information Packet" link below.